Friday, August 15, 2008

Amenhokit Channelling

With millions of bowlers worldwide, and few baby boomers in America who haven't bowled I began pondering the question of bowling's source.



I took on a viewpoint that either the game had descended from a higher source, or the collective consciousness of millions of bowlers contacted or created a bowling God.



A chicken of egg question.



In a world where 'there are no accidents.' A random creation of such magnitude seemed as unlikely as the creation of consciousness, questions and alarm clocks. (I digress with alarm at awakening with fear, an wonder where is the Opportunity clock that awakens possibilities).



Did the bowling habits of millions create a bowling God, or did a bowling God create millions of bowlers? As with a great deal humanities insanities there seemed only to interest in scoring. It seemed the map was greater than the territory. I found no one interested in this question until one day,



“I met an elderly Boccie player at the Valona courts in Crockett. He told me of the league of AMENHOKIT. He became my link, my channel to AMENHOKIT.”


He spoke to me one warm afternoon’ “AMENHOKIT rarely visits commercials lanes. He, like the great god Pan, maintains his grace and love in the simple places. The revival of non-commercial bowling in the form of Boccie, where no ball returns can be kicked, outbursts of anger are unimaginable, and excellence is rewarded with the feel of the AMENHOKIT’s presence.



"Those of us who have gone away from the game have returned with new eyes. Our ages do not matter. The strength required feels like that of a butterfly. The bowling feels effortless and the ball returns never get stuck. We do not ask favors, or take his name in vain. We are thankful to play and have the opportunity for perfection.


“To have that which is round and smooth in my hand, travel by my stroke, and strike that which I aimed at, becomes like rolling my soul to god. I am one.”



How could I make contact?

No comments: