Saturday, August 23, 2008

Amenhokit & Ross Packard

AMENHOKIT was invoked in a match with PBA star Ross Packard. Ross
is or was the PBA REGIONAL LEADER IN VICTORIES. He is phenomenal,
a wizard, simple, effective, repetitive and high scoring.

Ross dominates PBA regional action.

He is a sportsman extraordinaire.

Ross has a hairline that looked to this writer as a pharaoh or Egyptian high priest look.He goes about his business with a religious insanity the Pope would die for. Ross bowls like Sinatra sang. He works the pins to submission with unrelinquishing accuracy, tremendous strike carry, precise adjustments, resulting in consistent high scoring.

He is not a large man, intimidating, snobbish, or unfriendly in any manner. He is a gentleman with great humor and empathy for all. Marsha, his wife, is wonderful and supportive to
everyone, especially good bowling. Bowlers and spectators all love her.

Spring and summer 1997 were my best tournaments to date. I won on Mothers Day at Rocklin coming from third place in the final position round and shooting 279 to pass John Habien and Sam Carter.

Two weeks later I led the tournament at Auburn for 23 games before Ross overtook me. I had been doing an Egyptian Pyramid meditation as a focusing point. Leading by 160 pins, something about me, the BOSS ball, and the lanes changed. I shot 160, 200, 200 and finished third behind Ross.

Next, at Tracy, California I again made the finals and before my match with Ross I told him I was writing an esoteric history of bowling. I had experienced the ancient Egyptian God of bowling, AMENHOKIT, and that I was using him as a role model. "Roos", I said, "Your hair looked so Egyptian’s I think it's like Amenhokit looking the mirror.

It was the best PSYCHE ever. I won the match 257-236. Aoss still won the tournament.

“AMENHOKIT was sure here today,” I said after the match.

I don't think Ross knew the power a divine being can have over a match, but I gained a lot of respect that day, for Amenhkit and the power of divine distraction.

No comments: